So, in all honesty the last time I RAN an event was about 2 years ago.
I'm taking the Plunge again, but this time with the aim of making a truely competitive event.
I've talked to GW about the GT Circuit, and unfortunately I'll be unable to get on the Circuit for 2011, But I'll likely be able to get on it for 2012, provided I can get enough participants.
So, if anyone would like to play in a COMPETITIVE EVENT, please email me. stephenberenyi(at)hotmail.com
So far, the rules of the event are:
- 5 Games, each with a 2 hour time limit. If you slow play and fail to complete the 4th turn, each player takes a -5 Battle Point Hit.
- Painting is REQUIRED (3 colors minimum)
- 2,000 pt Lists (1998 is fine, 2001 is too much)
- No Sportsmanship Score
- No Composition Score
- No "Soft" scores of any type
- Painting is a Separate event and will be Voted on by both the Participants and a Panel of judges, and your painting results WILL NOT effect your battle points.
- All placements will be based off of BATTLE POINTS
- W/L/D record is irrelevant, but honestly, pulling ties does not net you many battle points so... draw your own conclusions.
- There are a total of 15 Battle Points per game.
- Battle Points will be rewarded thusly:
- 5 Objectives each worth 1 Point while CONTROLLED
- 5 Kill Points (Decided Prior to game) Each Worth 1 Point
- Primary Achievement (Varies by battle) Worth 3 Points
- Secondary Achievement (Varies by battle) Worth 2 Points
- In ALL CASES Cumulative VICTORY POINTS will break ties. Then if still tied, strength of schedule will be used to break ties.
-Placement will be using the accelerated placement system:
- First Round is Random and will determine Seeding
- Second Round has the top 1/8th of the Field play the 2nd 1/8th of the field, 2nd 1/4th play the 3rd 1/4th of the field and the 7th 8th play the last 8th of the field.
- Third Round has the top 1/4th play the 2nd 1/4th of the field, while the 3rd 1/4th plays the last 1/4th of the field
- Fourth and 5th Rounds play like a Standard Swiss Tourney where 1st plays 2nd 3rd plays 4th, etc. This makes sure that the "Top Players" will most likely have to play the top players and the middle ground players will likely stay middle ground.
It will be held in Butte, Montana this september (tentatively set for the 18th and 19th, but that may change by a weekend either way.
Entrance is $30. Prize Pool is determined by the number of enteries.
Prizes will be split up as follows:
4th Place - 1 Part of Pot
3rd Place - 2 Parts of Pot
2nd Place - 3 Parts of Pot
1st Place - 4 Parts of Pot
Best Painted - 3 Parts of Pot
So with a prize pool of $750 the prizes will be split like follows:
4rd Place - $57
3rd Place - $114
2nd Place - $171
1st Place - $228
Best Painted - $171
Thanks for the Read.
Game Design: Learning from my mistakes
1 day ago