Tuesday, April 13, 2010

How I Would Play IG

So, I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about the one and only army that I've never played. The lowly Imperial Guard. I've never had a taste for them, and likely never will. Seems to much of a modern military army and not a futuristic army..... Meh.

But, with my recent thoughts on what would scare me, it's not the "Leafblower" army that bols uses, it's more along the lines of the following:



HQ:
Company Command Squad  - 165
- 4x Plasma Guns
- Chimera - Heavy Flamer - Multi-Laser

Troops:
Infantry Platoon -   685

-  Platoon Command Squad
-  Melta Gun x4
- Chimera - Multi-Laser - Heavy Flamer


Infantry Platoon 1
- Commisaar


Infantry Platoon 2


Infantry Platoon 3


Heavy Weapons Squad x5
- Autocannons x15


Veteran Squad x10  - 155
- 3 Melta Guns
- Chimera - Heavy Flamer, Multi-Laser


Veteran Squad x10  - 155

- 3 Melta Guns
- Chimera - Heavy Flamer, Multi-Laser

Scout Sentinel Squadron  - 80
- 2 Sentinels w/ Autocannons

Scout Sentinel Squadron  - 80
- 2 Sentinels w/ Autocannons


Hydra Flak Battery  - 225
- 3x Hydras


Hydra Flak Battery  - 225
- 3x Hydras

Hydra Flak Battery  - 225
- 3x Hydras 


So, it's 19 autocannons
18 Flak Auto Cannons
10 Melta Guns
4 Plasma Guns

13 Chimera Chassis
4 Sentinels
11 Scoring Units

That to me is a far greater danger than the leafblower can be.
Maybe I'm not popping all of the tanks first turn, but I can pop enough of them to give my opponent headaches until the meltas show up an ruin the rest of their day.

all for 1995 points......

3 comments:

  1. Not really sure why the Hydra went from like 200 points in Apoc to 75 points in normal games. Ofcourse it lost its AA mount so is now pretty bad at its real job. Not to mention the unclear nature of how to treat hits on flyers now. No cover save from the hydra hits but flyers rules in Apoc say specifically that hits are downgraded to glances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. usually I actually have something to say from your comments..... not this time. Since I don't play apoc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @eriochrome The latest Imperial Armour Apocalypse has covered this... the updated rules use codex cost, ignore cover saves from turbo boosting, but DOES have an AA mount.

    ReplyDelete

What have you to say on this?