Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ogre Kingdom's - Will Need Some Help

Ok, So after a 5 year absence from the realms of Fantasy Gaming, I'm seriously contemplating getting back into it.

I played a strictly night goblins army for a LONG time (think 1990)

So I believe that I want 2 things out of an army

1. Few Models
2. Not a "Top Tier" army

So I've decided upon Ogre Kingdoms
(Pic Taken from Rune Lord Minis because it is beautiful)

Now, Since I want a competitive army, I've been reading and re-reading the book and have come to a few conclusions:

They are not a competitive army in the standard sense.

They need to abuse the MSU ideal (Multiple Small Units)

So my preliminary Army List is as follows:

1 Tyrant
Tenderizer

1 Butcher
- Halfling Cook Book, Bangstick, Dispell Scroll

1 Butcher
- Dispell Scroll x2

3x Ogre Bulls
- Iron Fist

3x Ogre Bulls
- Iron Fist

3x Ogre Bulls
- Iron Fist

3x Ogre Bulls
- Iron Fist

3x Ogre Bulls
- Iron Fist

5x Iron Guts
- Standard - RuneMaw

2x Lead Belchers

2x Lead Belchers

2x Lead Belchers

2x Lead Belchers

2x Lead Belchers

2x Maneaters - Brace of Handguns each

 2x Maneaters - Brace of Handguns each

2x Maneaters - Brace of Handguns each

This gives me a nice center line backed up by a lot of bulls, and a sacrificial gnoblar to re-direct spells to should the need arise.

However with my limited experience with the current edition, I've no idea if this will work.

So I rely upon you my currently 12 followers and any various readers to analyze and tell me if this is a completely horrible idea.

-Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment

What have you to say on this?